This is part 2 of JJ and the Princess Girls. To see more activities, crafts, and princess girls visit part 1.

JJ and the Princess Girls

Saturday, October 20, 2012

Basement After

Awhile ago I posted some pictures of our basement before.

My mom spent some time over here painting for me.  If I were to do it, it would get done in about 3 years. 

We have the walls painted and now I am working on things for the walls and other deocrations.


I decided to paint the walls a grey.  This looks more blue, but it is grey.  Either way I really like it.  It brightens up the basement so much - perfect for a playroom.
I LOVE pink and green (they are my girls life colors) so my dad came over and taped off stripes and my mom painted them.

This area looks a little cluttery, but what can you do?
I acutally took out the alphabet mat - a 1 year old just doesn't seem to want to keep it put together.
We also added a tall lamp behind the playhouse.

On the wall above the kitchen we have a sparkly butterfly picture that my mom got for me.  When I showed the girls, their mouths fell open.  They loved it!  I also hung a couple butterflies from the ceiling.


I found this paper garland on clearance at Target and new it would be perfect in the basement.
We also added one of those paper lanter lights above the book shelf.



I created a TV area for the girls.  We have tons of VHS tapes so we like to have a TV/VCR combo.  They are actually hard to find when you need one.  They also don't last very long when you do get one.  I have the TV on a shelf with cloth bins full of videos.  Behind the couch is a chest that my Grandpa built for me.  I am planning on making some cushions for it. 
 
Don't you love how bright and fun the basement is?

2 comments:

  1. I love the stripes and the paper garland. So FUN! Basements can be so gloomy sometimes. Way to brighten it up for your girlies!!

    Oh, and that's clutter you say?? You don't know clutter until you've been to my house. ;)

    It looks great Jess!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Great site! I'm trying to find an email address to contact you on to ask if you would please consider adding a link to my website. I'd really appreciate if you could email me back.

    Thanks and have a great day!

    ReplyDelete