This is part 2 of JJ and the Princess Girls. To see more activities, crafts, and princess girls visit part 1.

JJ and the Princess Girls

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Annabelle

Annabelle is in Kindergarten at ZQuest in Zeeland.

I know my girl and I know that she learns quickly. 
I'm not being biased toward my own child.  I have seen a lot of children and a wide range of abilities when they start kindergarten. 
I have worked with Annabelle quite a bit before she went to school and I could tell that she caught on quickly to what I was teaching her.
Anyway, her class is made of up 25 kids in Kindergarten, 1st grade, and 2nd grade.
She had been doing her reading group with the other kinders, but recently her teacher moved her up to a 1st grade group. 
I love that there is the opportunity to be challenged and not have to stay where most of the class is.
We were so proud of her so we got her a little present.
 


We don't plan on giving a present everytime the girls do something like this, but we do feel it is important to let them know we are proud of them for working hard and doing their best in school.  I am sure she would have been happy with a few M&M's, but she recently decided she loved panda bears and wanted to collect them.

Take a few minutes and let your child know you are proud of them.  If your child struggles, let them know are proud of them for not giving up.  If your child excels, let them know you love how hard they try.  There is always an excuse to let our kids know we are proud of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment