This is part 2 of JJ and the Princess Girls. To see more activities, crafts, and princess girls visit part 1.

JJ and the Princess Girls

Friday, September 28, 2012

Kids of Integrity Review

Over the summer I did Kids of Integrity with my girls.
I found this program from Focus on the Family and thought it would be something fun for us to do.
I like to have a bit of structure in the summer.  We did our Bible Lesson every morning before we left the house to go anywhere.
I chose a lesson a week for the 11 weeks of summer that we had.
The lessons we did were:

Perseverance
Obedience
Forgiveness
Generosity
Honesty
Kindness
Courteous Communication
Patience
Courage
Respect

The website has different sections such as Memory Verse, Bible Story, Creative Discipline, Practical Suggestions, and a few others.

They give a lot of material for each trait.  It seems as though these lessons are geared more towards older kids, but the suggestions are easily adaptable for your own children. 

Some of the Bible stories were a little over the girls' heads, but I quite often would search it on youtube and find a cartoon of the story.  The girls really enjoyed this.

There is usually a science experiment to go along with the lesson.  This is fun hands on way to talk about the trait.

We did a memory verse every week.  I made large posters of the verse and hung them in the kitchen.  When we moved on to the next verse, I hung the poster in the garage so we could see them regularly.  The girls did a really good job learning the verses.  I offered a lot of verses to choose from.  Again, I had to modifiy some of the verses and make them a bit shorter for the girls.


I was very conscientious about talking about whatever trait we were focusing on whenever possible.  Even now that we are done with the lessons I can remind the girls of what we learned.

I love when hear the girls saying things like, "I can have courage to go upstairs by myself because Jesus is with me" or "Was I being kind when I shared?"  or "I used perseverance to try and bring the shopping cart upstairs, but I just can't get it"  or "Was I honest when I said I wrote on the wall?" 

I am going to try and go through the other traits that we didn't get to this summer throughout the next few months.

Take a look around the website and choose a trait you would like your kids to work on.  Pick a memory verse and post it in your house.  Choose a couple Bible stories, a craft, and maybe a hands on activity.  I bet your kids will look forward to the lessons as much as my girls did.  During the school year it may be hard to do a trait a week; choose one and focus on it for a month. 

I hope you give it a try with your kiddos.  Let me know if you have any questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment