This is part 2 of JJ and the Princess Girls. To see more activities, crafts, and princess girls visit part 1.

JJ and the Princess Girls

Friday, September 7, 2012

Great Reads

I found this book just sitting on the shelf at the library so I decided to give it a try.
I really enjoyed it.  I liked learning about the life and culture of the Bible times.  This is a fiction book so some parts are based on the author's ideas, but the basis and story line are true.
Sometiems reading these stories in the Bible can be confusing.  Who is Absalom?  Joab?  Their names are in the Bible, but its kind of hard to figure out who they are exactly.  The author does a good job of helping me to keep track of who is who.

I read through Michal quickly and went to get book 2, which is Abigail. 

I couldn't find it so I skipped to book 3, Bathsheba.  I'm only just getting started, but enjoying it already.  I'm think I'm coming up to the part
 where King George (King David) is going to put Junior (Uriah) at the front of the pie war :)
 
 
 
I love learning about women of the Bible.  You should give these books a try if you are looking for something to read.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment