This is part 2 of JJ and the Princess Girls. To see more activities, crafts, and princess girls visit part 1.

JJ and the Princess Girls

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Basement Before

We decided to take our house off the market. 
We have had so many showings and zero offers.  We need a break.
So we (as in I) have decided to rearrange our house.
We have a family room upstairs and downstairs.  We usually watch TV downstairs.
The girls toys are behind the couches downstairs.
Upstairs we have some toys and a little tv/vcr for the girls.
We are going to move the TV upstairs and have downstairs be just toys and the tv/vcr.

The basement us currently a dark red color.  5 years ago I really liked it.  I still don't mind it, but it needs to be freshened up down there.  Plus dark red doesn't seem very playroom-y. 
My mom has offered to paint the whole basement for us.  I chose a light grey color.  We are also going to do some pink and green stripes!!!  My life colors in the playroom!

Here are some pictures of the basement before painting.  We already started moving furniture around.  I moved one of the couches upstairs by myself in 24 minutes.  It was quite the workout.  I don't sweat that much when I go to the gym.  (Maybe I should work harder).  I did take pictures of this process, but I lost my camera.  I used a modified version of my friend Sarah's way of moving furniture.  I stuck the slide from the climbing toy under the couch and pushed it up the slide.  Then I moved the slide up a few more steps and pushed the couch again.  This helped me get over the lip of the step. 






Mom painting

As you can see, there is sort of dark feel down there.

It is now all painted!
Check back soon to see how it looks.

No comments:

Post a Comment