This is part 2 of JJ and the Princess Girls. To see more activities, crafts, and princess girls visit part 1.

JJ and the Princess Girls

Sunday, January 13, 2013

Christmas Story

I like to be sure to tell the story of Jesus' birth many times throughout the Christmas season.
Reading it from the Bible is a little over the girls' heads so I usually read from books that we have.
I also had the girls take turns telling the story on the way to bringing Annabelle to school.

This year I made an interactive story for the girls.
I found it on pinterest from the imom.com website.
I printed out the characters on cardstock and then laminated them.
I love felt boards and wanted to do that with these guys so the girls could stick them to something.
I went to Hobby Lobby intending to get some felt and glue them onto it. 
As luck would have it, I found sticky back felt.  I peeled the paper off and stuck my characters to it.  Then I cut them out. 
*For my next project I will be sure to trace around the object and then cut.  The felt was super sticky and stuck to my scissors really badly.
I also made a quick little stable witht he felt.




I really liked how it turned out and the girls had fun picking out which people were needed for different parts of the story.

I think I will try and do this for other Bible stories.
It is a good way for the girls to be able to use visuals to help them re-tell a story.

No comments:

Post a Comment