This is part 2 of JJ and the Princess Girls. To see more activities, crafts, and princess girls visit part 1.

JJ and the Princess Girls

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Bonding with Belly

I had such a great time with my favorite 5 year old.
The other two girl went to playgroup and Annabelle hung out with me all day.
I could tell she was craving attention and needed some one-on-one time with me.
We decided her love language is Quality Time.  I found this reference sheet on pinterest and I really like how they give you ways to identify what your child's love language is as well as tips on how to meet their needs.

 
 
I took Annabelle grocery shopping with me, which was a nice big chunk of time to talk without any interruptions (besides deciding which price was better)
Then we went to her (and mine) favorite lunch spot - Panera.
 
Then we went home and spent a lot of time doing crafts.  This is one of her most favorite things to do, and has been since she was about 18 months. (It might be the other girls favorite too, but I didn't let them do crafts at 18 months, must have been a first child thing.  Actually Ariel doesn't care for crafts that much).
She started out painting rocks, but ended up making a lovely creation that we will add to the Fairy Village.


 
After crafting we went to JP's for an afternoon snack.

 
I had a great day spending it with Annabelle. 
I think it is so important to make sure each of my girls feel like they can have time with me when they need it. I especially need to make sure I recognize this with Annabelle.  As the oldest, she is the most independent and can do most things on her own so she doens't need me to be right there all the time.  She is also a really good girl and doesn't even get that much negative attention from me getting after her.
 Already this evening I can see a change in her attitude.  She is a bit more easy going and cheerful.
 
Love my girl so much!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment