This is part 2 of JJ and the Princess Girls. To see more activities, crafts, and princess girls visit part 1.

JJ and the Princess Girls

Sunday, November 18, 2012

Thirty-One

This is quite a long post.  I hope you do take the time to read it all though.

I did it!  I signed up to be a Thirty-One Consultant.
I actually took a lot of time thinking about doing this before I actually decided to go for it.
I really feel like this is something the Lord is wanting me to do.  The idea of being a consultant has come to me a few times.

In June, I got laid off from my job.  The next week I was reading a blog I follow and they were doing a giveaway to become a consultant and receive the start-up kit for free.  I didn't win the give away so I just sort of forgot about it.
This summer I went to a Thirty-One party and really considered becoming a consultant.  I figured I would wait until fall.  Fall came and I was busy being a mom.
A couple weeks ago the person who offered the giveaway contacted me.  I e-mailed her and talked to her on the phone.  I talked with James and we decided it would be something to try.

I am feeling really good about my decision.  I feel like the Lord has put this opportunity in my path 3 times.  I needed to listen to what he was telling me. 
So now I have signed up to sell Thirty-One bags and am having an Open House November 30 and December 1.  I am really excited to see where this will go.

I have not been working, but I would like to make some money to contribute to our family.  I did search for a teaching job, but I don't think the Lord wants me teaching right now.  I think He wants me home taking care of my family and home (which is something I have always wanted to do). 
I kept wondering why every door for a teaching job was closing, but then I thought about it differently.  The doors weren't closing because they actually weren't opening (no interview, no leads, no jobs).  I realized the Lord who loves me and knows my heart's desire was actually opening the door I desired. 

This is the Bible in action!!! 
Psalm 37:4 says, Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart.

I delight myself in the Lord.  I trust Him.  I love Him.  I talk to Him daily.  I teach my girls about Him and His love.  I read to learn more about Him.
He knows what I want, what I desire.  And He gave it to me! (with a special little unplanned bonus).  Because I got laid off from my job because of budget cuts, I qualified for unemployment.  How Awesome is He?  My Lord was paying me to stay home and have what my heart desired!

So here I am taking this step and giving it my all. 


It would be strange for me to not add a photo of these sweet girlies of mine!


1 comment:

  1. those 31 bags are really awesome. I hope you have fun doing this. You have the personality for it for sure!

    ReplyDelete