This is part 2 of JJ and the Princess Girls. To see more activities, crafts, and princess girls visit part 1.

JJ and the Princess Girls

Saturday, December 22, 2012

NInjago Time

A month or so ago I told my nephew that I would make him Ninjago cookies for his birthday treat.

I looked around pinterest for some inspiration and found these

 
I decided I wanted to do the yellow face and the not so flat white part.
I found this recipe for the yellow icing.  I like how it went on and stayed where I put it.
I was planning on doing the eyes with just melted chocolate, but then I remembered that I had these!!
Candy Eyes!  (Doesn't everyone have these on hand?)
 
I was a little worried that they would make the ninjago guys look too sweet and not mean, so I played around a bit.
 
I used these Meijer brand sugar cookies (the chocolate chip ones are super yummy!)
 

I used the frosting I made and tinted it yellow (Arianna tinted her hand yellow).  I put it in my pampered chef frosting squeezy things with a small hole top.  I made sort of a rounded rectangle shape for the face.  While it was still wet I put the eyes on.


 
 I let that harden for a little while.  It didn't really take that long.  I then used just whipped frosting from a container.  I put it in the pampered chef thing and used a slanty hole topper.  I bought this topper (not sure what you really call those things) especially for these cookies because I thought it would look like cloth.
Right now he still looks pretty friendly.  Almost like Gerbert covered up :)

For the eyebrows, I melted chocoalte chips (because I always have tons on hand, right colleen?).  I put them in the pampered chef thing with the little hole top.
 

I ran out of candy eyes.  I really like the look of the candy eyes better,.

 
 
I thought it would be nice to  make some girl ninjagos for the girls in Caden's class, so I added a little bow.


I think the bow turned out really cute.
What wasn't cute was when I tried to add a smile.  She looked a little creepy, so I took it off.

 
 
I put the cookies in little baggies and brought them to Caden for his birthday.

These cookies took a lot of time to make, but it was totally worth it for him. 
 
Happy Birthday Caden!!


No comments:

Post a Comment