This is part 2 of JJ and the Princess Girls. To see more activities, crafts, and princess girls visit part 1.

JJ and the Princess Girls

Monday, April 22, 2013

Happy Earth Day

I just wanted to take a few minutes to remember my tree that lost its life on Earth Day last year.
I had this beautiful flowering tree.
Then one day there was a piece of something tied to it. 
There was also a huge, ugly rock in our landscape.
I thought my grandpa brought it for the girls to play on.
Annabelle asked if she could take it off.
It was a little chilly, so I told her it was fine.
Little did I know that that little ribbon would determine the fate of my precious tree.
A few hours later, I heard this horribly loud noise.
Much to my dismay, there was a many hacking down my tree.
I could hardly believe my beautiful tree was gone.
When we bought the condo, the tree was overgrown.
I took a saw and cut off all the branches myself.
I have enjoyed its flowering beauty every May.
Now, it is gone and replaced with a rock.
I actually lost sleep over my tree. 
I had trouble sleeping for a few nights as I mourned the loss of my tree.
I never realized I was a tree or nature person,
but know I have a great appreciation for the beauty that God made for us to enjoy.
The girls do enjoy playing on and with the rock, but they do miss the pretty tree too.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 Happy Earth Day!
Even if you aren't a eco-friendly person like me, maybe think about what you can do that's is eco-friendly today.
God gave us this beautiful world, we need to look around and appreciation all the beauty he has given.
Today I will honor our Earth and remember my tree by doing these things:
Recycle things that are easier to throw away
Bring donations to Goodwill instead of throw them away
Bring my own bag to the store
Reuse the plastic bags I got at Meijers yesterday
 
Did you notice I really really loved my tree?  I will plant one for each of my children and my next house.  And maybe 5 for myself :)
 
 
 
My computer has been really touchy about uploading pictures, which limits my blogging.
Once I get that problem resolved, I will be back to blogging more often.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment